Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Water Marbling Technique Attempt



Last night i recorded a video for my water marbling technique attempt. A lot of people has been hyped about this technique. And it is a relatively hard technique to be able to be good at. A long time ago I actually tried it for the first time on two nails and I did quite nicely. But it was only two nails! So this time I thought why not make a video on my attempt. I made this attempt along with my Lucky Dip #1 on the last post.



Last time I tried water marbling with a mix of cream and shimmer nail polish. But this time I thought I should try with all shimmer polish. I thought it would look good.. But I was wrong..well it does look good, but drawing the marble was hell! and its really hard to do! So I recommend you guys to mix or just do cream colours.



I used OPI Alpine Snow as base to make it more opaque. Then for the marbling I used OPI Swimsuit! Nailed It!, OPI DS Radiance, and Nicole OMB!. A lot of people said to use cuticle oil rather than tape, but I think tape is a better choice. Some other said to use scotch tape, but i RECOMMEND to use masking tape! It is better and cleaner! It doesn't tear up easily like scotch tape, and it is cleaner and cheaper than cuticle oil!

Here is the result of my attempt. What do you think? Have you ever done water marbling? I really think it is hard to do.. And I don't think I want to do it again.. :< It's such a waste of nail polish, and it is hard to get a nice design.

Youtube video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDtR6Ix-qpk





0 comments:

Post a Comment

I always read comments and they make me very happy :D